Monday, June 8, 2015

Table Talk

June 3, 2015

Matteo and I were sitting at the table as Teo finished eating his dinner.

Claire: Why is my superhero name Temperature Girl?

Teo: Because you are always the same temperature.

Claire: Do you mean temperature or temperament?

Teo: Temperament. 

Claire: So is that a good or bad thing?

Teo: Good.

(We sat in silence for a few minutes, but I couldn't handle the lingering quiet so I began asking questions.)

Claire: So, what's your favorite food?

Teo: Peas. (We ate sugar snap peas for dinner.)

Claire: Whats your favorite food of ALL time?

Teo: Sauce and pasta.

Claire: Anything else?

Teo: You can stop asking me personal stuff.

Claire: I'm so sorry! I'm not good at small talk.

Matteo has learned the art of sitting and listening, while others of us (I'm guilty!) struggle in the silences of life. He's teaching us life lessons daily!

Written by Claire


No comments:

Post a Comment